Jan 242023
Real Estate and Financial Terms Under Letter ‘T’ – Australian Real Estate

The terms under letter ‘T’ from the real estate and financial area are provided on this page. These include terms related to your property investment and house buying.

Buying, selling or renting property in Australia and having trouble understanding what they’re saying? To help you figure it out, we’ve created brief explanations of the words used. For more complete information, see your local real estate agent, financial advisor or solicitor.

A  B  C  DE  F  GH  IJK  L  MN  O  PQ  R  S  T  UVWXYZ

– T –
tenancyThe right to occupy a property under agreed terms and conditions.
tenants in commonA type of joint tenancy in a property where two or more purchasers own a property. If one party dies, the property is divided according to law.
termThe length of a home loan such as 25 years.
title feesA fee for the title search, registration of a new mortgage, discharge of an old mortgage and transfer of property ownership. The fee is paid to the states’ Land Title Office.
title searchA check of the title records to ensure that the seller is the legal owner of the property and that there are no outstanding liens or claims.
Torrens TitleA system of recording property ownership. Also known as Certificate of Title.
townhouseA dwelling unit, generally having two or more floors and attached to other similar units by a common wall.
transferA document registered at the Land Titles Office which confirms the change of ownership as noted on the Certificate of Title.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *