making our life special
How many will you get right? Click on the See Answer button after you've made a guess. Come on Mate. Give it a go before you look.
See also Australian Icon Vegemite
1. How many jars are sold every year?
a. About 12 million jarsb. About 22 million jarsc. About 37 million jarsd. About 76 million jars
2. What year did Vegemite first appear on Australian grocery shelves?
a. 1910b. 1919c. 1923d. 1933
3. What is the name of the young chemist who developed Vegemite?
a. Terrance Calmontb. Dr. Stuart R. Canoverc. Dr. Cyril P. Callisterd. Dr. Wolfred T. Cortingdale
4. When did Aussies first hear the famous advertising song "Happy Little Vegemites"?
a. 1954b. 1961c. 1965d. 1973
5. What are the 2 main colours on the Vegemite jar?
a. yellow and greenb. yellow and redc. red and whited. green and white
6. Vegemite was the first product electronically scanned in an Australian grocery store. When did that happen?
a. October 1979b. April 1984c. May 1987d. January 1990
7. Which store sold the 115g jar (in # 6 above) and what was the price?
a. Bi-Lo for 45 centsb. IGA for 52 centsc. Coles for 57 centsd. Woolworths for 66 cents
back to Try a Quiz main page
• Over 100 Australian Songs
• Australian Food & Recipes
• Aussie Style
Australian Events (Aria, Logie & Country Music Awards, Melbourne Cup, Bathurst 1000 & more)
• Voice of Australians
• Uniquely Australian
• Tall Poppy
• Australian Cards
ALLdownunder.com.au Website designed & managed by Lady Luck Enterprises